Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summer's end


All right. So summer is coming to a close.

I visited Africa: Animals. Culture. Family time.

I spent some time in Wisconsin (& Chicago): Radiohead. Funky New Year. Friends & Family time.

I got some research done for this academic year. Not very exciting blog material there.

And I finished a major rewrite of my novel. I'm thinking about a title change from "Mifflin" to "Miffland." (That link is important if you want to understand the change). The book has become something of a reflection on the legacy of the activism and protests from Madison's heyday in the late 60's and early 70's. The title is supposed to suggest a theme, right?

Now it's back to work. I'm excited about the upcoming academic year. I'll try and get back into my rhythm of one entry a week here at Hogs. The novel kind of took all my writing time this summer.

Anyway, let me know how your sumer was.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So now I am intrigued. What was the outcome of the standoff between Bandy and the Weisgrau gang?

Welcome back - sounds like you had a fantastic summer. I've just been here in New England, though I was in Wisconsin twice in July and am going again this weekend. Extraordinary circumstances have made for a ton of midwestern travel recently and until the end of the year.

Anonymous said...

So where do we find excerpts?

Kelsey said...

Our summer has been marked by a slow and steady transition back to feeling normal after all the upheaval we experienced surrounding Michael's birth this spring.

A family trip to Michigan, earlier this month, was better than I expected. Traveling with an infant is always a questionable endeavor in my mind!

chumpo said...

course the summer started early for me in a mental way and will not be complete until sometime in december. the traditional summer start for me meant spending time on a farm, which turned out to be a great reconnection with mother earth mixed with scary memories of times past. now i'm seeing the best part of summer in madison wi, at my own pace. i leave for door county on friday and will be up there for a little over a week with my family. i hope to get into "kid" mode as i had some of the best times in my life in door county as a child during the summers.