Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A More Interesting World


Playing For Change | Song Around The World "Stand By Me" from Concord Music Group on Vimeo.

davidbraun93 threw this onto Twitter. It touches on the ideas behind the post I put up Monday.

I think I'm going to enjoy seeing the global culture that emerges from the cultural, economic, and environmental crises we're enduring right now.

If my classroom is any kind of indicator, it won't always be as pleasant as this video makes it seem, but it has this kind of potential. And that's exciting.

1 comment:

chumpo said...

commonalities are only seen when you make the time to get out and interact with the world. videos like this remind me how effort applied to outreach/sharing reveals our common threads of humanity. as i traveled last year so many times it was people playing music that brought strangers together. it's some kind of universal insta-bond.